May started out with a bang as we announced that we would be adding a third kiddo to our family in November. The kids are pretty excited and there is quite the debate around the house.
Madi: I think mommy has a dinosaur in her tummy
Caleb: really?!? no its a monster.
When asked wether they think its a boy or girl
Madi: I already have a brother so I want a sister
Caleb: no sissy its a brother...
Madi: Mommy what do you think?
Me: I don't know honey but I think I want another boy...
Madi: THAT'S NOT FAIR YOU ALWAYS TAKE HIS SIDE!!!
so really im in a loose loose situation. If its a girl Caleb will be mad at me, if it's a boy Madi will be... Good thing I have NO control over this one!
Other than that this pregnancy has gone really well and been really easy so far, I feel pretty lucky.
May also held huge changes as I decided that I would be quitting my job for good. I thought I would work until the end of the month but my grandpa had a heart attack at the begining of the month and my mom went to utah to take care of him. With my sitter gone and not knowing when she would be back my last day was may 5th and although it is quite strange to not be working I think it will be great. I will be babysitting one of Madi's school friends and I think I will have plenty to keep me busy!
We celebrated Tom's birthday/retirement at our house this year. I made a super yummy chocolate fudge cake with raspberry filling. It was delicious!
We also took this opportunity to get all the girls in their dresses that Grandma Haynie made and try to get a picture where they were all smiling and happy....
well we tried!
caleb didn't want to be left out!
I was in a meeting where Caleb was driving me nuts. He disapeared into the kitchen and was quiet for a long time. I went in and found that he had emptied my drawer, dumped an entire box of cream of wheat and was playing train tracks... since the damage was already done I figured that there was no harm in letting him play and hey I got a good 45 mins of peace!
Joe may not agree but it was totally worth the mess!
Since I am now home all the time we have had to institute quiet time activities while I fix dinner. Otherwise I have 2 clingy kids driving me crazy! Madi has chosen painting and Caleb has found a LOVE for puzzles. I am amazed that he has the attention span to complete them. Once he finished all the princess ones he insisted that we find boy puzzles. We have since added cars, abc, numbers, and thomas to our collection. This kids can do a 24 piece puzzle in no time! It has to have a face or a picture he recognizes or he has a hard time getting started but he does great and is so proud of himself when he finishes.
This little sinker has also learned where I keep the snacks and cereal. He can often be found helping himself to a baggy full of whatever he wants (usually after I have just told him no) when he gets hungry.
The Haynie stockshow rodeo
This was just the practice time for the rodeo cowboy and princess. The 'real' rodeo had to be at night with the yard spotlights, boots, pink cowgirl hat and ruby red lipstick. To bad mommy forgot her camera for the real rodeo!
I decided the end of may to pick up this great looking tile. It was on sale at home depot so they didn't have much and I hoped that it looked as good at home as it did in the store! So me being in my crazy pregnant state bought all they had and hoped for the best :) My dad graciously came and helped and it went together in about half a day. Here is the before picture of the kitchen corner. (There will be an after in a different post I just don't know where it is right now...)
My little helper thought the tile was a train track and kept getting mad when we took it away to put on the wall.
Just being cute :)
No comments:
Post a Comment