To quote Caleb "happy DIRTHDAY to MEEEEEE". I think this year Caleb was more excited for his birthday because Madi was so excited for it. We went for a Thomas the Train theme to go along with his new found train obession and enjoyed a dinner of 'taco bar'(Caleb's favorite food) and cake with all the Haynie's and papa Don and grandma Angee. Caleb had a great night and really got into opening presents with his cousins. At 2 he is only 10 lbs lighter than his sister and only about a head shorter. He is already starting to grow into 3T clothes and has really started to develop a personality. He wants to do everything that Madi is doing. He has quiet a few words and can speak pretty clearly when he wants to. We are grateful that this little guy is continuing to make progress with his feet and his motor skills and are hopeful that we will be able to quit therapy soon! I love being able to see this guy in nursery all the time and love that he gets a huge smile on his face when he comes and sees me at work. He has a sweet funny personality and we love having him around.
Happy Birthday little buddy!
Making his birthday cake with mommy. While I wasn't looking he snuck in and added an entire bottle of blue sprinkles to the all ready full of sprinkles cake.
His birthday surprise all set up when he got up from his nap.
At first he didn't realize what was going on, but then got really excited to see a 'big NOMAS' (thomas)
All smiles
"ello Nomas" (Hello thomas)
This was my first attempt at making my own cake. I think it turned out pretty well and judging by this little guys face when he saw it I think it was a success.
Enjoying his birthday taco bar
'Happy Dirthday to nomas...'
He was so upset when we started to cut the cake and I thought it was because he didn't want to see it go but really all he wanted was to make sure that he got the face all to himself.
and no I didn't let him eat it all, he picked at it for awhile and decided he was done. (he isn't much of a cake kid anyway, maybe next year we will go for a cookie)
Then we found the Nomas napkins and there was no more eating cake we then had to play with the napkin. 'toot toot tooooot nomas!'
Presents came next. Caleb thoughtfully picked out which ones he wanted to open first not really knowing what presents were. He was so excited to see that there were toys inside.
after he opened the first and found toys it wasn't to hard to keep him opening packages.
He got a ton of thomas toys, clothes, books as well as cars and all the things a little boy would love.
playing thomas racetrack with his cousins and sissy
Sissy's pick was a truck truck toy that talks, lights up, and drives on his own. It was a favorite toy of the day. (it made sissy's day that he liked it so much)
Nomas slippers from mom and dad!
This kid is super photogenic but it is soooo hard to get him to sit still and smile for the camera. This is the closest I can get to 2 year old pictures. They still show how cute he is.
Of course you can't take a picture with out his trains.
or blue. Blue is Calebs most loved blanket that was actually my blanket when I was little. Blue is quite old and starting to show its age and I had no idea that it would be loved this much when I gave it to Caleb but I do love that he loves it so much!
And this is the most typical caleb face I get when I pull out the camera...he is still a cutie though :)
1 comment:
Lol Ben loves to cuddle with my old blanket too!
Post a Comment