Wednesday, January 4, 2012

have you been naughty or nice?

Madison was very into santa and christmas this year! We first saw santa at chick fil a with Mrs. clause. She sat on his lap, told him what she wanted, and took a picture. She then later told me that he was just a "helper not the real santa" really this from an almost 3 year old you have to be kidding me! I then had to explain that yes he was a helper and that she still needed to be good because santa had "helpers everywhere watching" I then decided that we wouldn't take her to see santa again until first before christmas.
Then a house in our neighborhood had a great little video of santa in his workshop that took up their entire front window. Every time we past that house we had to stop and wave to santa (who at one time very conviently waved back at her) She was then convienced that santa's workshop was in our neighborhood.


Then one night right before christmas there was a knock at the door.
 "Madi can you see who's at the door."
"yes mom its 3 shepards and...and...santa?!?!?"
"santa?, well you better open the door"
she opens the door without letting him in
"mom you said you won't call santa I promised that I would try better to be good! in a high pitch whiney whisper" (not even an hour before this she had hit her brother with her new barbie car and laughed, I told her that if she wasn't nice I would have to call santa. I forgot that we were having a visitor that night...oops)
"well you better invite santa in don't you think?"
"ok santa you can come in"

They then both sat on santa's lap and she told santa that she promised to be good and asked for a lot of barbies. Santa gave them magic candy canes and left with a hearty 'hohoho'
Madi was in complete and total disbelief. She was so excited that santa came to her house! I was excited that we finally got her to believe that she had met the real santa. And true to my daughters form as they were leaving she asks..."mom where are santa's reindeer and sleigh?" you see santa drives a mini-van until christmas eve I had to explain...
**as a side note the shepards were the bishop and his counslors from our ward. His dad has always had santa visit the chilrden in their past wards and he wanted to start the tradition here. I think it was great and so much fun for our family!**

No comments: