July was busy with lots of mommy projects, helping Joe's parents clean his grandma's house, birthdays, and lots of work for Joe. We enjoyed a quiet 4th having dinner with friends and papa Don and then drove around until we found the best place for fireworks. We didn't plan on sitting and watching them but we found a good spot and they started just a few minutes later. Caleb loved all the colors and the big booms.
My first project for this pregnancy was to redo these 2 dressers that we got from Joe's grandparents house. These dressers were probably close to 40 years old but they are made of solid wood so I figured they would be pretty easy to refinish. After a lot of thinking I decided that we would put them in the boys train room. We started with several trips to home depot to get the right stuff and for about $100 I was able to redo both dressers. I think they turned out pretty cute and I was proud that I did them all by my self! Thomas and Precy trains.
My nephew Will lives in Texas and loves trains almost as much as Caleb does. They had facetime play dates to play trains. Its cute to see them play together and I can't wait until they actually meet this Christmas.
For Joe's birthday we found this shark ice cream cake and it was so perfect we couldn't pass it up.
More playing outside in the water
This is an excited face ;)
Even though these 2 are only about 2 lbs apart Madi like to think that he is much bigger and loves to have Caleb sit on her. Unfortunently Caleb has also learned that he isn't much smaller and will sit on her when he wants something.
It's 3 kids in a box!
My 3 little princesses....Daddy was so happy about this picture :) At least he took the blue ones right...
Cow apperciation night at Chick Fil A. My little moo herd
We had a huge party for Joe's 30th this year. He wanted a shark theme and I went a little over board... Unfortunently he got his first even migraine in the morning of the party so I lost my food helper and decorator. We still were able to pull it off with the help of some early friends and my dad. Things turned out cute and were quickly ruined by the sudden down pour that hit right after the party started. We ended up with 30 people INSIDE the house and all the kids running around getting soaked outside. All in all Joe had a good time and it ended up being a great party.
Watermelon sharks in a sea of blue berries
Madi and Caleb helping to decorate. They picked out all the decorations and helped make the shark teeth.
Cherry Almond and lemon blueberry cupcakes
Shark box for the cards and presents
Jaws cake. All Joe wanted was a Jaws cake for his bday. I had a really great idea but it was soooooooo HOT that all my frosting was melting as soon as I made it. I ended up frosting the cake inside the fridge with the frosting in the freezer to get it on. The inside of the cake was blue and that is how everyone found out that we were having a boy.
Happy Birthday
See the smoke haze? that means that Joe is getting old ;)
Captain Hook came one afternoon and hid the treasure. The girls had to follow the map all over the house to find their treasure snack.
We got an umbrella stroller for Caleb because it was getting to hard to carry him when he gets tired. He loved the idea and spends more time in it inside the house than he does outside...
For my birthday I didn't want to stay home with the kids so I took them bowling. Don't let the pictures fool you, they actually had a great time and all loved it!
Making home made peanut butter. A fun little after lunch activity. On a side note here is the "after" picture of my kitchen backsplash. So much easier to clean!
Trial lick...Yummy!
I said earlier that Joe was working a lot. This is how we spent a lot of weekends this summer. He justified it by saying that we needed to all go because it was so hot and the office was air condictioned. He did make a good argument.
we passed the time coloring...
playing with the ipad...
and when we got bored playing with boxes and giving cart rides...
This is when we know it's time to go...
Caleb has been doing well with potty training so we decided that he was ready for big boy underware all the time. He got to choose Thomas (of course) and LOVES them. It was really helped him to not have accidents because he wants to keep thomas clean and dry...
on the clean and dry note. We are still having trouble getting to the bathroom in time. This is his solution when he is outside playing.... "mommy I still dry, I just peed in the grass" "you proud of me??" (hum yes I am proud that you are dry, please try to make it in the potty next time...)
Oops Ive been caught....
We also made many trips to the zoo again this summer. Madi and Caleb love going all the time and always seem to find something new to see. Madi's friend didn't understand why we kept going back and got pretty bored after the 1st trip...
Every summer great Grandpa Tony and Great Grandma Donna come to the springs for a few weeks. We were lucky enough to be able to visit with them twice this time. They have fun dogs for the kids to play with, a "super cool bathroom" in the rv and the camping park has a great playground. The kids love visiting with them and enjoy the one on one attention that they get. They have since asked quite a bit when we can go visit again. (unfortunently they live in TX and its a little further than the springs... Maybe next summer we can get out there)
Walking the dogs
Walking to the park with great grandma donny as Madi called her :)
playing at the park
A full day of fun excitement and pure joy
looking at the big airplane on the base before we left.
No comments:
Post a Comment