Halloween was a fun week long event this year, and it was Caleb who had the multiple costume changes not Madi! I had origionally decided that I would make cowgirl and cowboy costumes for the kids. Caleb had another idea while we were shopping one day when he found this adorable cow costume. With a "mommy moo peese, on moo peese!" I couldn't resist and he was a cow and a cowboy. They were both so cute but I think I like the cowboy costume the best. Our fun started at the zoo with their annual boo at the zoo. We came early this year so we could find parking and had so much fun trick r treating. It only took Caleb one stop to figure out that all he had to do was look cute and say tick treat and he would get extra candy.
Fun trick r treating together
At one point in time the cow fell behind and stopped until he found what he was looking for. A blue sucker!
The cute cowgirl and her horse bullseye
Cute little cow
Handsome cowboy!
Love the chaps!!
Next we had dinner at the Chick fil a halloween party and the next day headed to the pumpkin patch. And why do you go to a pumpkin patch?? Well to ride the ponies of course! (at least thats what my kids think) This was Caleb's first ride so Madi was giving him pointers. I didn't know how he would do and I had no idea that he would be sooo excited. He chose his pony and proceeded to sing old mcdonald had a neigh neigh for the entire ride. He didn't want to get down when we were done but was content giving the horse a hug and saying bye bye to them all. It was ADORABLE!!
Princess pony
Doesn't he look like a natural?
Oh yeah we looked at pumpkins to... But we didn't get any we were to distracted by the ponies
But as Madi said we had to get a pumpkin picture. (Caleb also learned the word pumpkin and became obessed)
Then Halloween eve we carved pumpkins with lys. And believe it or not we actually got to carve them this year! There were no tears about hurting pumpkins and Madi actually enjoyed herself.
Aunt Jane brought yummy cupcakes
Carving away
Joe's version of pumpkin carving. Sadly he didn't get to blow them up this year but it looked pretty cool!
Our final masterpieces!
Madi's first carved pumpkin!!
And then we finally made it to halloween night and we trick r treating with our friends the Wheelers. I'm not a big Halloween person but it is fun to do things with the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment