Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy 1st birthday CALEB!!!

This little bugger turned 1 on the 22nd on February and he had quite the birthday week! We started by just letting him play all day on his actual birthday and he loved getting to get into sisters toys!
Playing with her baby dolls. He loves to feed and kiss them. Caleb is still just a happy happy boy all the time. I love watching him discover new things. He is also saying a few words including momma, daddy, madi, and his version of dog.

Caleb loves balloons so I thought for his birthday I would get him a ton of balloons, to keep them from flying away I tied them to his other present, tonka trucks. I thought it was super cute and he would love it. However it was horribly windy when I picked up the balloons and as I was taking them out of the store they all popped! (yes 24 balloons and i was holding him..) I replaced the balloons but needless to say he was deathly scared of them.

A few presents from the family
The cute decorations
Seeing the room for the first time, he was terrified and wouldn't go near the balloons

opening presents (he loves ripping paper so this was easy for him)
Finally a smile! he loves this little walking dog
 Trying to get him to play with the cars...he ignored them until I cut the balloons off
For dinner we took him to Ihop to eat his favorite meal, pancakes! Aunt Jana, and cousins tanner, emily and caden joined us for the fun. This little guy ate 3 pancakes, half my omlete and fruit!
 The following day we opened more presents and he got to try out his new music table and elmo walking toy. Up until this point he didn't really want anything to do with standing or walking so this was fun to watch. However this didn't last long about a month later he refused to walk or stand so we got him some new shoes and braces and now at 13 months we have a crusin' machine.
We also got his hair cut so we can now give him a cute mohawk.
The following saturday we had his birthday party with all the family. It was a fun get together with homemade pizza (another caleb favorite) and here was his birthday cake. Joe wanted it extra messy in hopes that Caleb would distroy it unlike his sister at her first party.

 More Balloons, this time he liked them alot


So excited for the cake! But a little optomistic at first. He tried a few bites of frosting and then just dug in!
 yum! Here he was asking for milk. Caleb also knows the signs for more, yes and no
 Frosting mustache! So happy
The BIG mess. Then in caleb style he dumped the try all over the floor. And yes he thought this was hilarious! But it didn't stop him from eating the rest of his cake...
Hey buddy how about a birthday kiss...um ok...how about a cake high five??

The after math...it was just easier to stick him in the sink to get clean with the sprayer!

No comments: