We have had a few set back with Caleb lately. Around about a year he was great at pulling himself up to standing and was starting to cruze then one day he decided that he didn't want to do it anymore and no matter what wouldn't stand, walk or anything. I was getting concerned when his therapist (did i mention that I love her!) suggested some new braces for his feet that he would wear all the time instead of just at night. She was hoping that the braces would give him some stability and hopefully confidence. Well another set of braces and new shoes later I am happy to say that they are totally working!!! when he wears them he wants to walk and stand constently. I am so happy they are working and we are starting to make some progress again. It has been really hard for me this past year because I feel like I should be so grateful that he is happy and healthy and that this whole feet, leg issue is so small and petty but really its hard because he isn't perfect and yes i am loosing sleep but i'm sure we can continue to move forward now! :)
Oh man look at me!
Yep I'm pretty cool!
1 comment:
He's adorable. I also had feet issues as a child but my parents didn't take me seriously until it was too late for corrective braces. I had to have surgery in elementary school on both feet. My feet are great now, of course, but pat yourself on the back! You're catching this early and preventing more serious problems down the road. Good job mama!
Post a Comment