On our way to Manassa this year (more on that trip later) We stopped at the good 'ol Colorado Alligator farm! Let me tell you it was a fun stop but we probably won't be seeing these guys again... and it was smelly! But the kids had a good time looking and touching the alligators.
Giant turtle that Caleb wouldn't go near.
Yes he was afraid of a turtle but not the Alligator with all the teeth....
Ash joined us and was able to hold her first (and probably only) alligator!
Group Pic. At this point Madison was still greatly afraid of the alligators and would not touch them. She was nervous just being next to them.
It's not a shark but I guess its cool!
Yep she's still afraid, here she was worried it was going to eat Caleb
Ok... I guess if grandpa and grandma Haynie say its ok, then I will pet it
it got a little boring by this point so grandma brought out the i phone. What would we do with out Iphones!
Not so sure about all these alligators that were snapping...
feeding the alligators
This was Calebs first walking trip. My goal was to have him walking by Manassa so I didn't have to carry him everywhere. Well we made it (with one day to spare) He was still a new walker but was having a great time trying.
I told Madi that I was going to take this sign and put it up in her room. We also told her that the sign said "No Whining or you will be eaten by an alligator." It worked for this trip but about 2 weeks later she began to really read and we can't make stuff up anymore.
Feeding the gators
Bye Gator farm!
No comments:
Post a Comment