This post is late for many reasons, only a few of which I will name. I just have to say how much I love this little boy. His growing up has been bitter sweet for me. On one hand I love that he is FINALLY progressing and doing things kids his age should be and then on the other hand I look and he isn't even close to being my little baby anymore. Caleb is such a ray of sunshine in my life. He really is happy about 90 percent of the time and loves to laugh and play. I love that he is able to communicate with his understanding of yes and no as well as about 20 words that he speaks. I love his obsession with cars and balls and they way he lights up with Madi walks in the room. He is in to following her every move and doing everything she does. She is patient and lets him and teaches him. Every time we get in the car she continually quizzes him on animal sounds and teaches him how to spell words. He loves to learn and soaks it all in. Another reason this post is late because around 16 months Caleb started walking but I didn't want to jinx it so I didn't say anything. I can officially say that a few weeks shy of being 17 months Caleb is a walker! He is so much happier now and so am I. It came at exactly the right time as his therapist and I were extremely frustrated with his lack of standing and strength. We even started canceling therapy sessions because I didn't know if they were helping of frustrating him. 2 days after we said goodbye to childrens not to be back for 5 weeks Caleb took his first steps. It started slow and he would only walk if he started from a sitting position and you asked him if he wanted to fly. He soon took off and 3 weeks later has moved from barely teatering to running after his sister. The only sad part about him walking is that he can now turn away from me looking back and waving bye-bye mommy
You would think we lived on a ranch the way mykids are obsessed with horses!
"hi daddy" SLAM
"hi daddy" SLAM
(Joe sighs) "Caleb please stop we are watching a movie"
"hi daddy" SLAM
(giggling)
"CHEESE" This is the new camera face.
The first flying steps
He is so proud of himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment