Canning!!!
I love the end of summer for this reason! We have a great little farmers market that has some of the best produce at very very reasonable prices. I didn't get to do nearly as much canning as I would have like mostly because I am still learning the ins and outs and I don't have all the right equipment or the money to buy it all at once. So for this year we started small. We ended up with 10 jars of dill pickles and 10 jars of sweet and sour pickles, 8 jars of salsa, 64 jars of tomato sauce and 60 jars of diced tomatoes. I also have 8lbs of frozen sweet corn, 18 cups of diced bell peppers and I can't even tell you how many apple products. (we have a friend who invited us to pick apples with them this year and we have so many apples that we are going to have fun experimenting with different apple products this year!
A big thanks to my mother in law for lending me her strainer it was a HUGE help! Madi enjoyed helping to make the tato sauce!
No comments:
Post a Comment