Friday, March 14, 2008
HELP!!! our dinner depends on it :-D
So between working 2 jobs and Joe being busy with school there isn't to much time for cooking in our house. We have done the crock pot meals for far to long now and I'm getting sick of it. Does any one have any ideas about meals that are good to make before hand and stick in the freezer? I've heard of people doing this but I don't know where to begin. I want to try to cook on the weekends for the following weeks meals so any suggestions?????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Tiffany-
Nichole does pot pie and we freeze it and that works good. We also have a thing she calls chicken stuff that we freeze as well. And soup is always a good thing too. Give us a call
Derek
Derek, thanks for the help!
I know taggarts have a whole cookbook on pre-freezing food... I bet you could get one at the library, we don't have much freezer space, so i haven't tried it yet... good luck
hey tiff,
i am exploring the same thing but i haven't done too much with it yet. all i've really done so far is double a couple batches of soup and freeze the extra for later. it's worked great so far! here's some websites that i've found that you might like...
http://organizedhome.com/start-small-sneak-freezer-cooking
http://www.southernliving.com/southern/foods/quick/article/0,28012,465551,00.html
initially i was thinking that i'd devote a saturday a month to making a couple extra meals so then it's not such a chore to cook during the week. so far i haven't found the time but hopefully here soon. let me know how it goes...maybe we can help each other!
Post a Comment