Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Halloween week!

Yes I know I'm horribly behind but I had taken forever to get all the pictures downloaded. Madison and Caleb had quit the Halloween week (around our house we celebrate big!) this year. And every new activity or event required a new costume. As I was told by my fashion obsessed daughter you can't wear a halloween costume twice. I am so glad that I didn't spend much money or time making costumes because it was much more fun to see her come up with outfits for both her and brother from her closet, the dress-up bin and her imagination. I tried to get pictures of everything and mostly suceeded. We had some great times as a family and beautiful weather to be outside enjoying the activities. The only big upset was no ZOO BOO. We showed up right as the zoo was opening and there were so many people that we couldn't even get close to the zoo let alone find a parking place so we ended up at the pumpkin patch and had a fun spooky dinner with friends.
 Pirates and Fairies night at chick-fil-a started off our week. Madi was a pirate fairy with colorful legs and sparkly wings
We finally convinced her to relinquish the pirate hat so that Caleb could complete his costume. Surprisingly he actually kept the hat and eyepatch on all night.
Getting her face painted...(for a kid who LOVES to wear makeup I would have never imagined that this would be such a tramatic process..)
Decorating for Halloween. (and no she isn't dressed up for any special occasion she "just has to look cute for school")
Our spooky spider web that looked way cool for this picture and then blew down with our crazy weather a day later :(
everything had a specific place this year
Decorating her pumpkins that we did not get to carve again this year... One day she might let us have some fun so far we are 0-2
Our second big event, Preschool halloween party. This time Madi was a pumpkin (because she had an orange shirt) We had a lot of fun at this party playing games and making crafts.
Madi's preschool teacher Ms. S. She is absolutely wonderful with Madi and all the kids in her classes, we love her and have decided to keep madi in the rec preschool until Kindergarten.
One of the nice grandmas helpers snuck Caleb a sugar cookie while I had my back turned. It was not only his first cookie (or sugar for that matter) but also his first real solid food. He loved it and was not happy whem mom took it away. (I didn't want him to choke I wasn't being mean :-P)
fun crafts of leaf painting, ghost pops, and hackysack decorating
Madi and her best friend Brandon. They love eachother its pretty cute really, one minute they're fighting and hugging the next.

bean bag toss
posing with the ghost kids. Can't believe how big she is getting!

Caleb's costume (picked out by sister) was a scary ghost because "his shirt is gray and says scary"
My cute kids!
The next big event was our wards trunk-r-treat and halloween party. We had all our cousins and grandma and papa haynie join us this year. It was a little crazy for me but we all had a good time! I didn't get a good picture but Madi was a purple bat complete with tutu and wings and Caleb was a brother. (that was madi's most origional costume choice.)
Grandma Haynie, Caleb the brother, Alyssa the pink princess, Emily the witch, Madi the bat, Tanner the dog scooby doo, and Caden the cute little frankenstein.
Caleb the crow
Madi the crow
Playing on the giant slide at the pumpkin patch 
Madi the princess pirate (this was her origional costume)
carefully choosing the amo...
Madison was looking for spookily the square pumpkin. It is a book that I bought for her and I had no idea it was also a movie as well. She liked it and there was a quest to find spookily.
Caleb the football player and Madi the pirate princess
This kid is soooooo happy all the time!
Finally we made it to halloween night (yes all these events were in one night) Madison was cinderella and wanted brother to match her. I don't know where it came from or why we have it but we has a duck costume which for halloween was a chicken. It went with cinderella because she feeds the chickens so Madi proceeded to feed Caleb puffs (or chicken food) for the rest of the night...at least he was warm and well fed! We had fun trick r treating with our friends the Wheelers and of course I didn't get any pictures beyond this little photo shoot!
Cute little chicken! :)
Beautiful Cinderella (She wanted to change her pumpkins into a carriage...it didn't work)
he just wanted to eat them...
***and by the end of this post and week we were all exhausted!!***

1 comment:

Jenni said...

My spider web got blown down that year too! So sad :( I make mine out of string now that holds up a little bit better outside.