Thursday, June 16, 2011

Happy birthday to Madi...???

So after a few days of my usually peppy daughter being very sad and blue I finally figured out what was going on... the conversation went something like this:

(at the store)

mommy I need this (holding a box of brownies)

why do you need that?

because you forgot my birthday and so I need them

you birthday is in december no one forgot it...

yes you did

madi look (looking at a calander) this is today and all the way over here is your birthday...

no emy and tanner and papa and grandma nona and grandma hazel and tant jane and shyler had birthdays and now its my turn.... I just want to make a wish and blow candles and eat cake....

ok fine we can make a birthday...


And so we made a birthday night after that she was back to her normal self and she had so much fun! I just felt so bad that she really did believe we had forgotten her birthday!

daddy even got her a present
the cake


"the party"

telling brother all about birthdays

The special birthday outfit (she picked it all herself)

After this she started telling everyone she had a birthday and she was now 5.....

1 comment:

Matt & April Herman said...

She is so adorable! I love that you had an "un-birthday" party! good for you! Love the cheetos as a gift...nice touch Joe:)