Tuesday, December 7, 2010

November in Pictures and some December so far!

Happy Holidays! We have been crazy busy but have really enjoyed the last month and holiday season. We had a great Thanksgiving with the Haynies and look forward to spending Christmas with Crystal and Scott and my parents. Things with the baby are going well. I am alittle over 27 weeks now and am feeling pretty good. I am however finally feeling like I am pregnant and getting a little uncomfortable but things are going really well so I can't complain at all. Enjoy all the pics and make sure you look at the following post with the 2 videos of Madison they are sure to make you laugh!

Our festive fall fireplace. My dad made it for us because I didn't have anywhere to put our christmas stockings. I really like how it looks in the front room so it might just become a permanent fixture!
Playing in the pantry...I won't be using those muffin cups....

Big shoes to fill! Madi loves to put on Joe's shoes


She put the hat on backwards, I think she was going for a ganster look but she is way to cute to pull it off!

Our 'first snow' it was actually hail but she that it was snow and had to go play in it.

This was our first real snow that stuck. Madi was so excited to wear her snow boots and all she wanted to do was ride her bike.. And yes she is wearing a skirt, She likes to pick out her cloths and it took me about 20 min. to convience her that she had to wear her pants under the skirt because it was cold...
To bad this is all she has seen of snow...It only stayed for a few hours and we havn't seen anything as of yet!
Ok so I have been HORRIBLE at documenting this pregnancy other than to saw that it is totally different and way better than with Madi so here is the first and only pic I have gotten so far. This is at 25 weeks.

I was so excited to find this swing for the new baby at the second hand store! I got it for $40. I decided to leave it out so Madi could start getting the idea that there was going to be a baby and she needed to be a little more careful about things around the house... (She is doing great so far) She has really enjoyed putting all her monkeys, babies, etc. in the baby swing, crib, carseat, etc. I'm not sure what she will do when there is actually a baby in them instead...
Playing with Bailee
Our mall had a breakfast with Santa around the middle of November. We happened upon it by accident last year and Madi had a good time so we thought we would actually plan for it this year. They have a lot of fun activities for the kids. Here is Madi and maa mah Angee waiting to see santa.
Eating breakfast and playing with some new christmas toys
Madi LOVES to dance! When ever she hears music you can expect to find her dancing.
CHEESE
She loves it when daddy comes home and spends time with her doing anything and everything
I have started collecting different learning activities for Madison and she knows exactly where I keep them...I found her the other day pulling everything out getting really excited about letters and sorting. So far she knows all her letters upper and lower case (while we are still working on the ABC song..) her colors, shapes, just about any animal sound and can count to 10 if she is counting fingers or toes! She also has gotten really good at sorting colors and shapes. I can't believe how smart she is it does kind of scare me a bit but I am excited to see her enjoying learning so much.
Her new christmas nativity (she found it under the couch so we had to open it a few weeks early...)
Thanksgiving 2010
Great-Grandma Haynie with Tanner, Madison and Emily making Thanks cards
Caden and Annie
The girls. Alyssa(2) Emily(4) Madison(23 months)
Cousin love!
Haynie Family Thanksgiving 2010
Playing with great-grandma's cane
Joe sharing why he really loves pumpkins...
Getting ready....
The anticipation is half the fun
These next 2 are a little out of order...
Madison and Emily playing with the dollhouse, were not really sure why Madi is in the box...
This little fischer price dollhouse is absolutely madisons favorite toy,one day I hope to be able to find one for her to have at home that we can afford!
ok back to what is going on outside... the poor little pumpkin, he has no idea what is about to happen...
minor mishap... it rolled down the hill so here is Brent poking it with a stick...
What is going on you ask.... don't worry you will soon find out.... Fast forward....the pumpkin is again set up on the mountain side.
KABOOM!!!!!! (pumpkin bits)
more bits....Behind me is hysterical laughing from everyone including great-grandma who couldn't figure out what we were doing...
So basically for those who haven't figured it out (or for anyone who didn't live in fort collins with Joe in college) If you put dry ice and a little water in a small soda bottle and put it in a pumpkin it will explode. Joe looks forward every year to after Halloween when he can blow up pumpkins and this year a turkey(don't worry it was just the left over bones we ate it first) I think this has become a new Thanksgiving tradition at the Haynie household... On a side note it didn't take long for the deer to discover the pumpkin bits so we got a great view of them from the house, the foxes also enjoyed the turkey so really we were sharing thanksgiving dinner with all the wildlife in pine...
The Saturday after Thanksgiving we went up to fairplay with our friends the Menlove's to go cut down christmas trees. This is Madi playing with my gloves in the car. This was the only pic I got because we stopped at Joe's parents first and she decided that it was more fun to stay with Grandma and play with her beloved dollhouse than to go get a tree.. It was a good thing to I was up to my knees in snow...
Our tree!
Madi found Bailee's santa hat, poor Bailee has had to wear it just about everyday for the past 2 weeks.
Madi has also taken her turn wearing the hat...
Playing at Chick-fil-a
Decorating a ginger bread house with Grandma Angee
I think she ate most of the skittles and m&ms
The finished product
Playing with her little people santa village
She looked so cute I was trying to get some pictures of her by the christmas tree
This was the cutest pic, the only way I could get her to smile and look kind of at me was to ask her about Terrence(the boy fairy on tinkerbell) She loves him...(Joe is in so much trouble when she gets older...)

The final attempt at getting a smile...Oh well one day she will corporate with me

We tried to prep her for the santa visit...as you can see it didn't go over to well

She did however say please and thank you for her candy cane with out us telling her to and she told santa bye bye and to have a good day...
Now for all those who can't come to our house this year here is a glimpse of our christmas pretty house as Madi calls it

2 of Madi's nativities. I love to collect nativities but until my kiddos are older I am only going to have ones that they can play with so they don't get messed up. These 2 are from little people and Doug and Melissa. (I highly recomend either one if your have young kids) Madi loves to play with them

Our Christmas fireplace! I am so excited to have a place to hang stockings. We even have a 'roaring' fire if you look close
The divider between the kitchen and front room.
ok this one is a little out of order as well... I got an email for a free build a bear for Madi's birthday. I was kind of wierd that it expired at the begining of December since her birthday is at the end but anyway she was able to build a dog that has been named 'ruff ruff' she takes her for walks all over and poor ruff ruff was dirty before we left the mall...
decorating the christmas tree

This is a close up view. My mom and I made gingerbread ornaments this year, I thought it would be good to have things that wouldn't break not knowing what Madi would do. She hasn't touched the tree since it was put up however Bailee managed to eat the bottom ginger bread ornaments not more than an hour after we put them on the tree...
The final product! Just to give you an idea on size, we have 9 foot ceilings and the tree is about 4-5 inches from the ceiling, (we couldn't put a star on top)

Happy Holidays!

No comments: