Monday, November 1, 2010

October fun!

Well I am trying to get better at blogging and I figure that since it is only the 1st I am already ahead of the game! We had a fun filled October with many trips to the pumpkin patch, lots of play dates with friends and of course Halloween. We started the Halloween weekend with 'treat er treating' at the mall with Alyssa, then headed to Zoo Boo where Madi quickly picked up on the whole trick or treating concept. It was fun to hear her say 'treat er treat' and then 'tank you' at the top of her lungs. We then finished off with our ward chili cook-off and trunker treat. Joe was happy because everyone ate his chili completly gone (his sign of a good chili!) By sunday Madi was completely uninterested in anything but eating the candy she had gotten and was content handing out candy to kids at the house, she would give the little girls dressed as princesses 2 pieces of candy and the ones with face paint or masks nothing...(I didn't show her this she did it all on her own). We tried to carve our pumpkins several times but everytime we would make an attempt madi would stop us saying 'ouch pumpk, no hurt' so alas we have 6 wonderful carving pumpkins that lived to see halloween with out a scratch on them... Madi picked out her own costume this year. I was looking through cloths at the second hand store when she came up to me with a huge smile yelling ' momma momma, look titerbell, titerbell'. The costume was in great shape and for 6 bucks I couldn't say no! She did look super cute in it even though it is 2 sizes 2 big!
On a nother note, we have been teaching madi about prayers, she does really well when we eat and at bed time to 'say pray' by folding her arms and bowing her head. She even has a cute little pray that she will sometimes say herself. we can only make out a few phrases like heavenly father, love momma, love dadda, love baiee, love baby, love ouse(house) and then a bunch we can't make out and an amen at the end. She is so proud of herself that we let her say prayers as often as she would like. However she has started to 'say' her own prayers in the middle of sacrament meeting while someone else is praying and she isn't quiet about it. She also finishes each prayer during sacrament meeting by yelling amen at the top of her lungs... I am glad she has figured out praying but now we just have to work on the quiet part!
In baby news: This pregnancy has been completely opposite Madi's. I feel and look 10 times better than I did with her and everything has been different and we recently found out why, We will be adding a little boy to our family! We are both very excited, Joe for obvious reason and me because I really don't think I could handle 2 princesses in the house... Everything is still on schedule for March and he seems to be growing right on that schedule.
Here are the pictures from the past month(a few are out of order). Enjoy!

We got Madi a bike this past month, she loves it however maybe next summer she will actually be able to ride it...(she is still a little to short)
'eaning her bike' She wanted to clean it when we got home because there was a little bit of dirt on the seat.
ghost bowling
she is so proud that she can slide by herself now
playing with her best friend
So happy to have a bike!
posing at the community center playground
having fun at the indoor playground at the community center
big slide
her pumpk
everyday we had to put 'bobo, eee, and red' down for a nap on the couch... She does this all on her own complete with the warm monkey blanket
picking the best pumpk she could find..
finding a pumpk she could actually carry
in the middle of picking out her pumpkin she realized that they had horses or 'neigh neighs' and of course dad had to let her ride one! She was the happiest kid ever!
The whole ride she was singing 'neigh neigh here, neigh neigh there' (her version of old macdonald)
playing in the corn box
princess at the park. The best part about these next few pics is the story about how we ended up at the park for 2 hours. I locked us out of the house and we had to wait for Joe to get home to let us in! Luckily I had taken Madi in the stroller to get the mail instead of letting her 'ride' her bike which I usually do. I pretty much thought we had no other choice then to take a walk to the park while we waited, it was only later that I realized I could have just gone through the gate into our backyard and let her play there instead of walking the 2 miles...oh well I needed the exercise right???
miss independent
the only thing she can't do herself is get in the swing, i guess mom is still good for something!

This is what you find when you hear the words 'OH NO I made a mess...'
After a long day...she didn't move from this position for about 45 minutes
madi's prized pumpks
Halloween decorations
caught getting into her church bag... (I think she looks so old in this pic, it must be the hair!)
halloween cookies! YUM
Showing off her halloween shirt
(this is where we get out of order) By the end of ZOO BOO she was done walking and getting candy...
being silly with daddy
Alyssa the pirate! Arr
her first incounter with hula hoops. She loved them but couldn't figure out how everyone else got them to spin..
it won't spin so I'll just walk through it!
'hoop a who'
'titerbell' in her natural habitat :)
Happy Tinkerbell...
serious Tinkerbell...
Madi and Ady were so cute in their matching halloween shirts and pigtails. I wanted to get just one picture of the 2 of them but I couldn't get them to both look at the same time they were being so silly with eachother.
being Halloween monsters
Daddy and Tinkerbell at ZOO BOO

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Cute pics! Maddie's hair is really cute she's growing up so fast. Those pumpkins will make good decorations for Halloween. They last forever if you don't carve them.Did they but Alyssa's costume? It's really cute.